Monday, April 25, 2011

My subscription to AARP should start any day now...

Um, it's gross out. I was NOT prepared to be assaulted with August-like humidity on this lovely Easter Monday walk to work. The result? Not cute, I'll tell you that much.

Anyway, this weekend made me even more excited for the big move - while there are obviously fun aspects to living in a big city, they are really being outweighed by the convenience of the burbsies (turning in my cool card....now!)

Between needing to ask the dude sitting on our stoop to move while lugging our bags of clothes, melting Easter gifts, dog, etc. to the roasting 3rd floor as fast as we can so that we don't get a ticket for putting our blinkers on in front of a fire hydrant while we unpack and the way overly friendly male "neighbor" who wouldn't leave me alone while I walked Lemon Saturday afternoon, I'm becoming extremely fine with saying a big deuces to living in the PHL.

I'm giddy about the weirdest things these days - the thought of having a garage just about sends me over the edge, and I can't even tell you how many times I've been like ohmigod we can put that in the basement!!! Who knew I could be more excited about storage than living within walking distance of an Anthropologie? 2008 Katie, you've just been served. With lameness. (But you get lots of closets!!!)

Add to this the prospect of having my own car again for the first time in 2 years (and a place to park it all.the.time) and I've really hit the convenience jackpot - which to a lazy person like me will mean the world.

So I'm thinking all this, and of course it strikes me that I should fight this, that I should cling to my youth, that, hey!, I'm fun! So I clearly tried to play college on Saturday night (really Katie, going big the night before Easter? Classy), and on Sunday morning, while croaking "Jeebus is back!" it hit me yet again that I am getting o-l-d... At least too o-l-d for West Chester at 2am (sadface)

Now that I've fully admitted to being all ready set go for the burbsies, I can at least revel in the fact that (for now, if they don't abandon me after this post) I still have some super cool friends who have super comfy couches in Brooklyn, Baltimore, DC, and beyond! Yay for visiting, hopefully I don't get too college on you... AND don't worry friends, if you fear you are getting a touch of the o-l-ds there will always be a bed for you at my place :)

No comments:

Post a Comment